Do you have a master’s degree in Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or any life sciences related field?
Do you wish to carry on with a PhD research?
If so, you might be interested in specialising in the fields of bioinformatics or computational biology.
The laureates of the SIB Fellowship programme will receive a financial grant for 3 years (extensible for 1 year). They will carry on their research projects under the supervision of a SIB Group Leader and will be registered at one of the University/Polytechnic Schools. The research projects span all bioinformatics topics covered by the SIB groups associated with the programme.
The laureates will benefit from the following:
- Become a member of SIB, the leading network of Swiss bioinformatics
- Have access to professional training courses both in bioinformatics and various soft skills
- Be part of the Swiss PhD Training Network in bioinformatics
- Be introduced to industrial partners during specific events
- Participate in SIB events such as the yearly SIB days (scientific conference)
- Attend the Summer School and Students’ Retreat
- When in collaboration with industry, have direct hands-on experience within that company
To stand a chance, make sure you submit your application before 15 November 2012.